Thursday, May 24, 2012

Concerts

Even though Knoxville is the third largest city in Tennessee, the biggest concerts that come through are usually country artists. Not that I don't like country, but it's not my biggest cup of tea. However, sometimes dear artists come through and I get lucky enough to get to go, and of course I bring my camera! These are not the best because of the concert lighting and having to zoom in and use a high ISO.

Matt Thiessen from Relient K playing their acoustic show at the Bijou in December 2010. This was actually taken with my old Sony CyberShot.

My friend Cassie had an extra ticket to the sold out Taylor Swift concert at Thompson-Boiling Arena on July 1st, 2011 and I took her up on the offer to go see her for free!


During our last semester of high school, Cassie and I were wanting to go to the Vans Warped Tour, mainly to see Jack's Mannequin. That kind of fell through, but when I found out they were coming to the Bijou in August, we couldn't pass that up! This show was small and intimate, and they allowed us to come stand in front of the stage, which is the first time I've ever been able to do that at the Bijou. Pictures turned out so much better because by this time, I had worked more with higher ISOs and of course I was closer to the subject. These are still a little grainy, which is expected with a high ISO on a point and shoot.

Lady Danville was the opening act.

Daniel Chang from Lady Danville.

My sweet schnookems-baby-doll-angel-face Andrew McMahon jumped on top of his piano.

This picture of the drummer was kind of an accident, but I like how it turned out.

This is my absolute favorite picture from the night.

The bands came together at the end to sing "La La Lie."

Also, Cassie and I got to meet Andrew which was such a fantastic experience!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Designed by The Single Momoirs