Monday, May 28, 2012

Memorial Weekend 2k12

This past weekend, mom and I headed down to our roots in Coker Creek, Tennessee to stay with one of my aunts/her sisters. Coker Creek is a quaint little town with no city water or cell phone service, so it's definitely a place to go to if you need to get away. My Aunt Wanda lives back in the woods on a few acres (lol like I actually know what I'm talking about) and wow it is beautiful. I think any photographer would love to shoot someone there. We arrived at around 6:30 or so Friday evening, and I immediately started exploring for things to take pictures of because the lighting was perfect.
Do you see this field? Wow!



 
When I was younger, they used this as a dog house. 

These rocks are built into this hill, making natural steps. My cousin and I would always play house on this hill, and this was the front door.

Lord knows what's in this pond, but it sure is pretty.

On Saturday, a Zumbathon fundraiser was put on for my third (or fourth?) cousin Eli. The poor baby is not even walking yet and he has cancer. Luckily, his scans have been running clear, so he's in remission right now! But this fundraiser was to help the family pay for all the costs that come with cancer. I got assigned to face paint the children. I was given some washable paint, lots of brushes, and a plethora of rubber stamps. 


Technically it wasn't "face painting." It was more like "face stamping." Anyways, the kids would come over and pick out a stamp and a color. I would paint the stamp and then apply it to their face or hand or wherever. 


Also, I may have gotten a tinsy bit bored when no one was wanting to get painted up.


And there was yummy cupcakes and other free treats to eat! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Designed by The Single Momoirs