Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Hello GIMP 2.8!

Whoo! I finally have GIMP back! I found the restoration disk for my old desktop and got it running again. Of course the first thing I do is get GIMP back on here! Lo and behold, a new version was released about a month ago. I've been spending my afternoon downloading brushes (the newer versions of GIMP are compatible with .abr PhotoShop brushes!) and fonts, my one true love.
For those of you who don't know, GIMP stands for "GNU Image Manipulation Program" and it is basically a free PhotoShop. GIMP is a must for anyone wanting to get into graphic design or photo editing, but doesn't have the money to purchase something like PhotoShop.If you can do it in PhotoShop, I'm 99% sure you can do it in GIMP. It may take a little longer, but it's possible!

Visit the GIMP website to learn more or download!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Designed by The Single Momoirs