Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Meredith

Last summer after I had gotten familiar with my camera, I took Meredith to downtown Knoxville and did a little photoshoot. This was the first time I had ever really "shot" someone and I was so nervous and excited. Such a mix of emotions that day!

We started out in Market Square, taking advantage of all the green leaves.



We were walking back to my car when I saw this sketchy alley with beautiful, bright graffiti and of course I asked if she would pose by it.

This is probably my favorite one from the entire shoot. The iron gate with the bricks in the background are a stark contrast to her lovely eyes.

Stereotypical train track shot. Whatever, sue me. I'm cliche.

We may or may not have creeped down some residential alley ways. This is another one of my favorites. The election poster makes it perfect.

I had the bright idea to bring bubbles. It was a little more difficult to actually get them in the shot, but I still like it. We were actually next to a little restaurant and people kept staring at us.

This one is kind of an outtake, but it's too funny not to include. We were in Market Square next to the Square Room, and this woman came up to me and asked if I had any cigarettes. I of course told her no, and when she saw my camera and Meredith sitting down, she asked if I would take her picture. I kind of ignored her and kept directing Meredith, so she slowly inched her way in the picture.

This particular experience taught me that a) I need to become more comfortable with telling people how to pose/stand/look/etc., b) I need to invest in PhotoShop, and c) I need a DSLR camera. I decided not to go right in to a DSLR camera mainly because I needed/wanted a camera and didn't want to wait until I had more money and because I didn't think I was ready for an advanced camera, but I think I learned that I was pretty quickly.

Also, you can view the full shoot here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Designed by The Single Momoirs