Thursday, May 24, 2012

Photo editing fun!

So I don't have PhotoShop. And I don't have GIMP installed on this laptop. (This laptop isn't even technically mine). How do I edit photos? I rely heavily on online editors. My go-to was always Picnik, but it sadly closed. Although, I think you can access a simple version of it on Google+? Now I use Pixlr.


Pixlr offers a sort of simplified version of PhotoShop with it's main photo editor. You have a toolbox with basic functions like dodging, burning, sharpening, blurring, etc. The toolbar has a few drop down menus where you can access levels, curves, brightness, contrast, exposure, etc. This program also allows you to create layers and it has one click editing things, much like PhotoShop actions.




Anyways, the entire reason I created this post is because I found this picture while looking through pictures from the Taylor Swift concert to put in the previous post:


I was bored and really wanted to see what I could do on Pixlr, so I Googled "country fields" and found a nice background picture. After making the layers and erasing what I didn't want from this picture and adjusting the curves and whatnot, I ended up with this:


Then I opened it up in Pixlr Express to add more PhotoShop Action-esque effects and got this:


I think that the subtle effects made the two different pictures come together better. Playing around more on Pixlr Express, I found the "creative" option, which adds cute little effects. After choosing one, I got this:


Obviously none of these are anywhere near perfect, but I think they turned out quite nicely for coming from an online editor!






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Designed by The Single Momoirs